Boating Safety Certificate Requirement
- ANYONE BORN BEFORE 1988 DOES NOT NEED THE BOATING SAFETY CERTIFICATE! ( BOATERS LICENSE)
- If you were born after 1987 and plan to drive the boat, you need the Boating Safety Certificate. Passengers do not need a Boating Safety Certificate.
- Sebastian Watercraft Rentals provides the Temporary Certificate exam for $3. It takes about 30-45 min and must be completed prior to the rental day.
- A person must be at least 14 years of age to operate any vessel 10 horse power or greater. They must also have a photo ID and a Boating Safety ID card.
- A person must be at least 18 years of age to rent a boat in Florida and have a major credit card to rent the boat on their own.
- Per our company policy, anyone renting and paying for the rental must have photo ID and a major credit card.